Making our Communities Stronger: One Individual at a Time
All it takes is one woman with an idea to make a difference. When community challenges arise, community-centered ideas can solve some of our biggest challenges.
WeeCylce, Mo’ Betta Green MarketPlace, the Montbello Organizing Committee and the East High School Student Assistance Fund (SAF) started out as ideas and were brought to life through grassroots efforts and community organizing. Community organizing is a powerful tool bringing together community members, philanthropy, and hyperlocal approaches, however, it still has its challenges with access, grants and sustainability. Meet our speakers:
- Mary Lee Chin MS, RD, Festival Organizer, Dragon Boat Festival & Nutrition & Health Communications Consultant, Nutrition Edge Communications
- Jayme Ritchie, Founder, WeeCycle & Director of Pro Bono & Community Impact, Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Anne Sneed, Founder, Eat Angel Friends, Alumni Foundation & East High School Student Assistance Fund
- Donna Garnett, CEO, Montbello Organizing Committee, and the FreshLo Initiative Project Director
- Beverly Grant, Founder, Mo’ Betta Green MarketPlace
Join us as we learn from local women and the journeys behind their organizations, the approaches taken and lessons learned along the way to make our communities stronger.
There will be wine, light apps and great company. We will save time for networking on either end of the event.